- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausages, casings removed
- One 14.5-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Biscuits, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the onion and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken and sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and horseradish and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper and serve with biscuits.
This spicy dish pairs well with a juicy, medium-bodied red.