Spicy Cauliflower Puree
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This silky dairy-free cauliflower puree is a terrific side dish to meat or poultry.
Slideshow: Great Cauliflower Recipes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds cauliflower, core and stems discarded
- 1 dried chipotle, stemmed and seeded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart unsweetened almond milk
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened but not colored, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, chipotle, bay leaf and almond milk and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and chipotle.
- Boil the cauliflower until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and onion and transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and serve.
Make AheadThe cauliflower puree can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat gently before serving.