- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh ginger, squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 cups skinned, salted roasted cashews, split lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. In a small bowl, dissolve the granulated sugar in the hot water. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the garlic for 10 seconds. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the garlic to a bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and the cashews, ginger, red pepper and lime zest and toss well. Toss the cashews with the soy syrup. Add the raw sugar; toss again.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt. Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Let cool until warm but still pliable. Using a metal spatula, loosen the nuts from the baking sheet; let cool completely.
Full-bodied Rosé Brut Champagne.