© Akiko Ida & Pierre Javelle
Spicy Carrots with Parsley and Cilantro
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This delicious vegetable recipe is a great side dish for entertaining because you can serve it warm, at room temperature or even slightly chilled. And it goes with almost any main course, from beef to chicken to fish.
- 1 1/2 pounds large carrots, quartered lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds
- In a large, deep skillet, cover the carrots and garlic with water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool; discard the garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, paprika and crushed red pepper. Season the dressing with salt. Add the carrots, toss to coat and sprinkle the almonds on top. Serve warm, at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Make Ahead The carrots can be prepared early in the day and kept at room temperature or refrigerated.