Spicy Carrot Fried Rice
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Lime juice and cilantro brighten this super-simple spicy fried rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups julienned carrots (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice (see Note)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and carrots and stir-fry over high heat until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the Sriracha and cook until the carrots are coated, 1 minute. Add the rice, and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Push the fried rice to the side of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Toss the fried rice with the eggs and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice and cilantro and serve in bowls.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.