Spicy Capellini with Scallions and Garlic
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches of scallions, thinly sliced (3 1/2 cups)
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound capellini
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil. Add the scallions and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, orange zest and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in another 1/2 cup of the olive oil and transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved cooking water to the bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the bread crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the pasta and serve immediately, passing the cheese at the table.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.