- 8 ounces yellow Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound top round or sirloin beef, thinly sliced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas (about 4 ounces), sliced in half lengthwise
How to make this recipe
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chile-garlic sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water. Set sauce mixture aside.
Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, about 30 seconds each side.
Stir in the garlic, onion and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
Stir in the cabbage and snow peas. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the noodles and sauce mixture. Toss everything together until combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.