- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 Hass avocado, diced
- 4 small slices of whole-grain bread
- 2 tablespoons thawed frozen peas
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil with the lime zest and juice, the 1 teaspoon of mint,
1/2 teaspoon of tarragon and the chile. Stir in the avocado, season with salt and pepper and let stand for 10 minutes.
Mash one-third of the marinated avocado on the bread. Stir the peas into the remaining avocado and spoon on top of the sandwiches. Garnish with finely chopped mint and tarragon.