- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces walnuts (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 slice of white sandwich bread, crust removed and bread torn into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk just to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the walnuts. Let stand until the walnuts are soft, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, simmer the sherry over moderate heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, 5 minutes.
- Transfer the walnuts and milk to a blender. Add the reduced sherry, bread and cinnamon and puree until nearly smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Contributed By Photo Published May 2013