Spiced Vegetables with Pomegranate Seeds
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
When roasting winter vegetables, Melissa Rubel Jacobson says be sure to chop them about the same size, so they cook at the same rate. And toss them at least once while they're in the oven, so they brown evenly. Other creative ideas for roasted vegetables are Maple-Ginger-Roasted Vegetables with Pecans and Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Herbs.
- 4 medium carrots (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 large parsnips (1 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 small butternut squash (2 pounds)—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled cotija or feta cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 55 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and golden. Scrape the vegetables into a bowl, toss with the cheese and pomegranate seeds and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.