- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- Greek-style yogurt, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, toast the caraway over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer the caraway to a mortar. Add the almonds to the skillet and toast for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden.
Add the sugar and salt to the mortar. Using a pestle, grind the mixture until the caraway is finely crushed. Add the olive oil and grind until blended. Stir in the almonds and lemon zest.
In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with three-fourths of the almond mixture; mix well. Transfer the strawberries to serving bowls and top with the remaining almond mixture. Serve with yogurt.