Spiced Shrimp and Tomato Kebabs
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 first-course servings
This is a perfect party dish because it’s so easy to assemble, and you can marinate and skewer the shrimp ahead of time.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 40 large shrimp (about 2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- In a food processor, combine the ginger with the garlic, cilantro, basil, mint, cayenne, paprika, lime juice, honey, salt and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and puree. Scrape the marinade into a large bowl, add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 hours.
- Thread the shrimp and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Grill the skewers over high heat, turning once, until the shrimp are lightly charred and cooked through and the tomatoes are just beginning to burst, about 6 minutes. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.