- SERVINGS: Makes about 1/4 cup
Use this flavored salt as a dip for any fried food or as a dry rub in cooking.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- In a small dry skillet, toast the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and Szechuan peppercorns over moderately low heat, stirring often, until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Grind in a spice grinder or in a mortar and transfer to a bowl. Add the ground pepper and salt and mix well.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.