- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 racks meaty baby back ribs (6 pounds), halved through the bones
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- In a mortar, mash the garlic with the coriander, cumin, crushed red pepper, 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper. Add the lime juice and pound to a coarse paste.
- Rub the paste all over the ribs and transfer to a large roasting pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Let the ribs come to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Cover the pan with foil and roast the ribs for about 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender but not falling apart.
- Light a grill. Season the ribs lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a platter, scatter chopped cilantro on top and serve with lime wedges.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for 2 days. Bring the ribs to room temperature before grilling.
Fragrant, juicy Malbec.