Spiced Plantain Chips
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 firm, green plantains, peeled
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a large, deep saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°. Slice the plantains 1/16 inch thick. Working in batches, fry the plantains, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chips to paper towels to drain. Immediately sprinkle generously with the spice mix, toss to coat and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.