- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 cups pecan halves (18 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and brown sugar. Spread the pecans on a large, rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer the pecans to a large bowl and toss with the butter. Add the spices and toss to coat. Return the pecans to the baking sheet and toast for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until fragrant. Let cool.
The spiced pecans can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days.