- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 5 cups
The pecan, which grows best in warm climates, is beloved in the South. At parties, Southerners often set out giant bowls of spiced nuts like the ones here, deliciously seasoned with cayenne, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 cups pecan halves (18 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and brown sugar. Spread the pecans on a large, rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer the pecans to a large bowl and toss with the butter. Add the spices and toss to coat. Return the pecans to the baking sheet and toast for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until fragrant. Let cool.