- 6 firm, ripe Bartlett or Anjou pears—peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- In a large bowl, toss the pears with the onion, salt and jalapeños. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the pears in a colander and rinse them. In a large saucepan, combine the pears with the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes, or until thickened. Let the pear relish cool. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.