Spiced Lamb Chops with Couscous
- SERVINGS: 8
More Amazing Lamb Recipes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 loin lamb chops (about 5 ounces each), about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- In a small bowl, combine the coriander, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pepper. Coat the lamb on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil in each of 2 large skillets. Add half the lamb chops to each skillet; if necessary, cook the lamb in batches. Sear over high heat, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet; reserve the pan juices.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil with the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand until tender, at least 5 minutes.
- Bake the lamb chops for about 10 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the couscous among 8 plates, set the lamb chops on top and spoon any pan juices over. Serve with the spinach.
Make AheadThe chops can stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour.