- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup turbinado or coarse sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, allspice and white pepper. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and the light brown sugar and beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and honey. Beat in the dry ingredients at low speed until combined. Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the turbinado sugar on a plate. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll generously in the turbinado sugar. Transfer to the baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Using a flat-bottomed glass, press each cookie to a 1 1/2-inch round. Working with one baking sheet at a time, bake the cookies for 15 to 16 minutes, until they are deeply golden and the tops are cracked. Cool the baking sheets on wire racks.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.