© Tina Rupp
Spiced Crab Tacos
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef tacos incorporate traditional Latin ingredients and a hit of Asian chile sauce. Cooked shrimp would be great here as well.
Plus: More Seafood Recipes and Tips
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 large red radishes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 large jalapeño
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shell
- Eight 10-inch flour tortillas, halved or quartered
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, radishes, red onion, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and the Sriracha. Season the salsa with salt.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the jalapeño over moderate heat, turning, until charred all over. Let cool, then discard the charred skin, stem and seeds. Finely chop the jalapeño.
- In another medium bowl, combine the jalapeño, red and yellow bell peppers, olive oil, lime juice, mint and the remaining 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Gently fold in the crabmeat and season with salt.
- Grill the tortillas over high heat until puffed and charred in spots, about 20 seconds per side. Serve the spiced crab with the warm tortillas and salsa.