- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound marcona almonds
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, mix the cumin with the sugar, pepper, coriander, chile powder, smoked paprika and salt. Add the almonds and toss to coat with the spice mixture. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, stirring halfway through baking, until lightly toasted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The toasted almonds can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.