© Maura McEvoy
Spiced Almond Tuiles
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: makes about 40 tuiles
Chef Holiday Recipes Made Easy
More Cookie Recipes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsalted roasted almonds, ground in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the egg whites, one at a time. Add the ground almonds, flour and the ground spices and beat at low speed until a soft batter forms.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon level teaspoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, about 4 inches apart. Using an offset spatula, spread the batter into 3-inch rounds. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute, then transfer the tuiles to a rack with a spatula. Cool the baking sheets between batches by running the undersides under cold tap water and drying thoroughly before replacing the parchment. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make AheadThe tuiles can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serve WithHarvest Mousse with Spiced Almond Tuiles