- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsalted roasted almonds, ground in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the egg whites, one at a time. Add the ground almonds, flour and the ground spices and beat at low speed until a soft batter forms.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon level teaspoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, about 4 inches apart. Using an offset spatula, spread the batter into 3-inch rounds. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute, then transfer the tuiles to a rack with a spatula. Cool the baking sheets between batches by running the undersides under cold tap water and drying thoroughly before replacing the parchment. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.