- SERVINGS: 8 HORS-D'OEUVRE SERVINGS
For this recipe, Oliver simply encrusts shrimp with sticky, spicy salt. The result is the best kind of finger food.
More Amazing Shrimp Recipes
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small shrimp in their shells
- Heat a large wok. Add the salt, the fennel, coriander and cumin seeds and the crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until the spices are lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and toss immediately with the spices. Cook, tossing constantly, until the shrimp are opaque and their shells are beginning to char, about 5 minutes. Transfer the shrimp and any toasted spices to a large bowl and serve.
A Riesling is the ideal pick for the shrimp because it adeptly accents the salty and spicy flavors.Try one from Washington State's Columbia Valley.