- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Eight 12-ounce lamb loin chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine all of the spices. Season the lamb chops with salt, rubbing it into the meat. Rub each chop all over with a scant teaspoon of the spice dust. Let the chops stand for 10 minutes.
Brush the chops all over with vegetable oil and grill over a medium-hot fire or in the grill pan over moderate heat, until crusty and medium rare, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with the remaining spice dust. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until just hot, about 1 minute. Serve at once with the chops.
Variation Use the spice dust on grilled or broiled chicken or pork, or tossed with sauteed vegetables.