- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Four 1-inch-thick steaks (about 11 ounces each for bone-in, 8 ounces for boneless)
- In a spice grinder or mortar, coarsely grind the cumin and fennel seeds. Work in the garlic and pepper. Press the mixture on both sides of the steaks. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve immediately.