Spelt Salad with Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, preferably from Italy (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups Thyme-Scented Spelt
- 1 large tart apple, such as Honeycrisp, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast until golden, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Add the Thyme-Scented Spelt, pine nuts, apple, pomegranate seeds and parsley; toss before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.