- One 4-pound chicken, backbone removed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 peaches, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
- Set the chicken skin side up on a rack set over a baking sheet. Press down firmly on the breastbone to flatten the bird. Season the chicken all over with 2 teaspoons of salt and refrigerate uncovered overnight. Let the chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Rub the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for about 1 hour, until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 160°. Transfer to a rack and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the honey and mustard. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of the dressing to a small bowl. Add the peaches to the large bowl and toss to evenly coat. Let the peaches marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and arrange on a platter. Add the arugula and basil to the marinated peaches and toss to coat. Transfer the peach salad to a bowl, top with the chopped peanuts and serve with the chicken, passing the reserved dressing at the table.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.