- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 ounce spicy chorizo, minced
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head of cauliflower (2 pounds), florets sliced 1/3 inch thick
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Roast the bell peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer to a plate to cool. Peel, core and seed the peppers, then coarsely chop them.
- In a small skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a mini food processor, puree the roasted peppers with the almond butter, garlic, cumin and the 1 tablespoon of water. Scrape the sauce into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cover the carrots with 1/2 cup of the water and add a pinch of salt. Cover and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the sliced cauliflower and the remaining 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes longer; drain.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter and drizzle with some of the almond sauce. Top with the chorizo and cilantro and serve with the extra sauce.
One Serving 205 calories, 10.5 gm total fat, 1.9 gm saturated fat, 21 gm carb.