Spaghettini with Tomatoes, Anchovies and Almonds
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, cored and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil leaves
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds
- 3 large oil-packed anchovies
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup grated fresh pecorino cheese, such as Fiore di Sardo, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 pound spaghettini
- In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the shredded basil, scallions, olive oil and crushed red pepper. Season lightly with salt and black pepper and let the tomatoes stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the almonds with the anchovies and garlic until finely chopped. Add the 1/2 cup of pecorino cheese and the capers and pulse to combine.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, shaking off the excess water. Add the pasta to the tomatoes along with the chopped almond mixture and toss well. Serve the pasta, passing extra cheese at the table.
Vibrant, raspberry-scented Pinot Nero.