Spaghettini with Shrimp, Olives and Tomatoes
- SERVINGS: 6
This simple and flavorful variation on pasta with shrimp and garlic is perfect for a quick midweek meal. Buy the shrimp already shelled and deveined to make the recipe even faster.
Plus: More Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound spaghettini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the crushed red pepper and cook over low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Season with salt. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and begin to curl, about 3 minutes. Stir in the olives and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the pasta with the sauce and parsley to coat, transfer to a warmed bowl and serve.
A lemony Tuscan Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with the olives and tomatoes here.