- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet along with the reserved cooking water and toss. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Italian whites made from the Trebbiano grape have a crispness that goes well with simple pastas like this spaghetti dish.