Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Capers
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
"This dish is so simple, even my granddaughter Margherita can make it," Rosita Missoni says. The recipe also lends itself to countless variations. "I like to add hot peppers and zucchini in the summer. You can also change the entire character of the dish with the kind of olive oil you use."
More Great Pastas
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet along with the reserved cooking water and toss. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Italian whites made from the Trebbiano grape have a crispness that goes well with simple pastas like this spaghetti dish.