Spaghetti with Shrimp and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 3/4 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 dried red chiles, crumbled
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound frozen deveined medium shrimpthawed, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Warm the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and chiles and cook over moderate heat until golden. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and basil and cook for 2 minutes. Barely drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the sauce, toss and serve.
Notes One Serving 587 calories, 17.8 gm total fat, 2.6 gm saturated fat, 71 gm carb.