Spaghetti with Shrimp and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 3/4 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 dried red chiles, crumbled
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound frozen deveined medium shrimpthawed, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Warm the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and chiles and cook over moderate heat until golden. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and basil and cook for 2 minutes. Barely drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the sauce, toss and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.