- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet along with the parsley and the reserved pasta cooking liquid. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is suspended in a thick creamy sauce, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese, season generously with pepper and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.