- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds baby spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, for sprinkling
- In a large casserole, heat the olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, until the meat is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, wine and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and mint and cook, covered, for 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the cooking liquid and the ground lamb sauce. Serve at once with the Pecorino cheese.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.