- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound squid, bodies cut into thin rings
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the curry powder, crushed red pepper and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook over high heat until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, squid and scallops to the skillet and simmer, stirring, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Drain the spaghetti, add it to the skillet and toss well. Season with salt and sprinkle on the parsley. Transfer the spaghetti to bowls and serve.