- One 2 1/4 pound-spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-by-1-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons shelled, roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti squash and cover the squash with a small plate to keep it submerged. Cook for 12 minutes, until tender. Drain and let the squash sit cut side down in a strainer to cool slightly. Using a fork, scrape the squash into strands.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the pancetta and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the squash, season with salt and cook until dry, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and sunflower seeds, transfer to a bowl and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.