- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Greens from 1 big bunch of radishes (8 loosely packed cups), chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds (3 ounces), plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the garlic, greens, parsley leaves and the 3/4 cup of pumpkin seeds; pulse until finely chopped. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Stir in the 1 cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the pesto, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Season with salt and pepper and toss over low heat until coated, about 2 minutes; add more pasta water if a thinner consistency is desired.
Transfer the pasta to bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds and cheese.
Lively medium-bodied white.