- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper in a large, shallow gratin dish. Roast until the tomatoes are collapsed and very juicy, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour the hot tomato sauce over the spaghetti and toss well to coat. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve immediately.