- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 1/2 quarts water
How to make this recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stockpot and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 2 hours. Strain and boil until reduced to 4 cups.
The stock can be frozen for up to 2 months.
One Serving Calories 35 kcal, Total Fat .2 gm, Saturated Fat 0