Spa Vegetable Stock
- SERVINGS: MAKES 4 CUPS
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stockpot and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 2 hours. Strain and boil until reduced to 4 cups.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.