© Tina Rupp
Soy-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Shiitake Mushrooms
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News All cuts of chicken are rich in tryptophan. Breasts are leaner than thighs, but dark meat is still healthy; a 4-ounce skinless serving has just 11 grams of fat.
Amazing Chicken Recipes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, caps sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon walnut or hazelnut oil
- In a baking dish, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and hot sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup of water. Add the chicken thighs and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring the chicken to room temperature. Discard half of the marinade. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, basting a few times.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Add the shiitake, salt and pepper; cook over moderately high heat for 4 minutes. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and walnut oil and serve with the chicken.
NotesOne Serving 301 cal, 14 gm fat, 2.5gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb, 1 gm fiber.