- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried, ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise
- One 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco
How to make this recipe
Whisk together the lime juice, three tablespoons canola oil, honey, chili powder, cumin, garlic and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Add the corn, red bell pepper and onion and sauté for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat, and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the kale with the vinaigrette, cooked vegetables and black beans. Top with the freshly-cut avocado and <em>queso fresco</em>, then serve.