Southern Serenity (Bourbon with Peaches)
- SERVINGS: TWO 12-OUNCE FROZEN DRINKS
There's no need to peel the peaches for this frozen fantasy; the blender will chop the peel into fine orange speckles.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- 4 ounces straight bourbon
- Peach wedges or diced peaches, for garnish
- Blend together the peaches and bourbon on high speed until the mixture is thoroughly pureed. Turn off the blender.
- With the blender running, slowly add more ice cubes, no more than three at a time. Listen carefully to the sound of the machine. When the machine resumes its normal pitch rather than sounding gravelly, look at the drink. You will notice a vortex in the center of the mixture. Keep adding ice until the vortex disappears and the mixture looks smooth.
- Turn off the blender and stir the mixture with a long spoon or a chopstick. Replace the lid and turn on the blender. The vortex will reappear. Keep adding ice cubes, two or three at a time, until it disappears.
- Once again, turn off the blender, stir, replace the lid and blend for about 10 seconds, or until the sound of the motor tells you that all the ice has been thoroughly chopped. Spoon into a stemmed wineglass and garnish with the peach wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.