© Antonis Achilleos
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled—1 sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick, 1 halved, seeded and julienned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce, center-cut skinless salmon fillets, chilled
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 8 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat a water bath to 122° for rare salmon, 160° for medium. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the sliced cucumber with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Season the salmon with salt and white pepper; transfer to four 1-quart, vacuum-pack bags and vacuum-seal. Submerge the bags in the water bath and cook at the desired temperature for 12 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the yogurt with the dill; season with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, toss the julienned cucumber with the oil and lemon juice; season with salt. Remove the fillets from the bags and transfer to plates. Top with the grilled and julienned cucumber, dollop with the dill sauce and serve.
Serve With Steamed couscous.