- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled—1 sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick, 1 halved, seeded and julienned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce, center-cut skinless salmon fillets, chilled
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 8 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat a water bath to 122° for rare salmon, 160° for medium. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the sliced cucumber with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Season the salmon with salt and white pepper; transfer to four 1-quart, vacuum-pack bags and vacuum-seal. Submerge the bags in the water bath and cook at the desired temperature for 12 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the yogurt with the dill; season with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, toss the julienned cucumber with the oil and lemon juice; season with salt. Remove the fillets from the bags and transfer to plates. Top with the grilled and julienned cucumber, dollop with the dill sauce and serve.
Serve WithSteamed couscous.