© Lucy Schaeffer
Sour Cherry-Yuzu Bellinis
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 drinks
citrus kick; a mix of tangerine and lime juices nearly matches yuzu's flavor.
More Champagne Cocktails
- 1/2 pound pitted fresh or frozen sour cherries (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh yuzu juice or 2 tablespoons each of fresh tangerine and lime juices
- One 750-milliliter bottle plus 2 cups chilled brut Champagne
- Puree the cherries in a food processor. Pass the puree through a fine strainer set over a small saucepan, pressing on the solids; you should have 1/2 cup of juice. Stir in the sugar and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sweetened cherry juice with the yuzu juice. Slowly pour in the Champagne. Serve the Bellinis over ice.
Make AheadThe sweetened cherryandyuzu juice can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.