Sour Cherry Fizz
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
In adapting her original Scotch-based Sour Cherry Fizz for the mocktail version, Julie Reiner increased the amount of Sour Cherry Puree and fresh lemon to bring what she calls, "that alcoholic tartness."
- 1 1/2 ounces Sour Cherry Puree
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled cherry soda
- 2 maraschino cherries skewered on a pick, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Sour Cherry Puree, lemon juice and egg white and shake well. Add ice and shake again. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass, stir in the cherry soda and garnish with the skewered cherries.