- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 baking apples (1 pound), peeled and cut into 8 wedges each and the wedges cut in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar and salt. Gradually mix in the milk, eggs and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet. Spread the apples in the pan, add the lemon juice and cinnamon and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the batter through a sieve over the apples, pressing with a spatula. Bake the pancake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are puffed and browned and the center is set. Serve immediately, with maple syrup.
One Serving 457 calories, 19.6 gm total fat, 2.7 gm saturated fat, 63 gm carb.