- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Generously butter a large rimmed baking sheet and dust generously with superfine sugar. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in the superfine sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until firm peaks form. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale yellow. Gently fold the egg yolks into the beaten whites.
- With the spatula, use half of the egg mixture to form four 5-by-3-inch ovals on the prepared baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, make a 2-inch-long indentation in the center of each oval and fill with 1 tablespoon of the jam. Cover with the remaining egg mixture to enclose the jam.
- Bake the soufflés for about 10 minutes, until puffed and golden brown but still slightly jiggly in the center. With a metal spatula, gently transfer the omelets to plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.